Monday, July 27, 2009

Cloth Diapers

I have been doing research on cloth diapers for a few months now. I've had the diapers, I just needed the covers. They are made of special fabric which is very expensive. I struck gold when I found a diaper kit for very cheap. This kit came with everything needed to make these covers. However, they only came in hot pink, maroon, and pale pink. So, I headed to Walmart to find some cheap fabric to hide the pink. I found three patterns, all on sale. Two are shown here. I have 13 covers total. However, I still have 5 to make. I am not very good or fast yet on my sewing machine, so it is taking forever!!! But I do enjoy it. In fact, today is the first day using them. We've already been through two already. I'm not sure if they are with it yet or not, we'll see. It's been fun making them.

2 comments:

  1. Those look great. You did a good job. I hope they end up working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look so cute. I didn't know they made those. Those make cloth diapers look so much more appealing.
    I still think you're crazy for not wanting throw aways! LOL

    But your pretty good to be able to sew those yourself!

    ReplyDelete