Monday, September 16, 2013

Back in school

Jamie started preschool 3 weeks ago. HE LOVES IT!!! 
He comes home with new silly songs and explains all the rules. 
He is in heaven. 
his first day he ran up to the door and told his teacher his name and walked right in. There was a kid crying outside, another screaming inside- Jamie had no hesitation. After class he came running out proud as can be. No drama, no tears, just excitement. I was expecting something... but not from his boy.

 In true school tradition, we had to model our new school clothes.

 School has me over worked, underpaid, and pulling my hair out. 13 weeks to go!!!
I am rockin' my internship. I am still learning the different roles I am playing there. It's so different from the hospital. The hospital is straight forward. We have a specific purpose- not so much with this agency.
My supervisor had me take the lead during an intake assessment today- I totally froze. My mouth opened but only a squeak escaped. Luckily, there was machines humming in the background so I don't think anybody heard, but I did. Luckily, my awesome supervisor came to my rescue.

Travis and Christina came two weekends ago. As I downloaded pictures today, I found these and had to share:


Christina


Travis, or Unc, as he taught my kids


Grandma, what did they do to you?


Then there's B... what more can I say?

We had a rockin' game night with everybody.
First the flour game. put a penny on a tower of flour and slowly cut away the tower. Who ever ropples the tower must receive the penny without uses their hands.


Grandma toppled first.


Elena did awesome. She and Jamie have very steady hands, but Elena had to do it twice.

Then the candy bar game. When you roll doubles, you put on an apron, a hat, and gloves and cut slivers of a candy bar. Keep eating until the next person rolls double but you'd better be quick.


Jamie thought it was awesome. He did feed himself most of the time. 


My turn! My apron got stuck.


Christina's turn.


Elena was rockin' it as well. She also needed some help figuring how to work it.


Brionney was passed around the table as we all had turns. She'd leaned toward the candy mouth wide panting for a bite. Uncle Matt took pity and she took his turn. She was in heaven!


And finally the suckin' skittles. Jamie and Elena loved this one too. Suck up skittles with a straw. The adults found this super easy so we started fighting for pieces- who can suck it up first? Definitely need more competitive rules or something.

It was great to see these guys, we don't get to see them often enough. Love ya. 
Thanks for an awesome weekend. 

And now I really need to stop playing and get on the homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment