Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's finally done! I started collecting and cutting squares for a blanket for Jamie when I found out I was pregnant. Well, yesterday I finally finished sewing the top and tying it. It only took me a year and a half. Now all that's left to do is sewing up the sides. It'll be finished in time for Jamie's birthday next Monday. Yeah!
Now for the sad news. I was working on my Mother's Day Projects Friday night. Jamie was next to me playing on the floor and found the glue gun cord. Before I could grab it, he pulled and the gun swung down and stuck to the inside of his elbow. Pictures don't do it justice, but it looked really bad. We were able to get the glue off Saturday to see that the burn is the size of a quarter and bright red. There is about a pea size portion that burned through his skin. The only thing we can do is put neosporin on it to keep infection out. Two days later, it's looking better and it hasn't seemed to bother him since that night. Thank heaven, I was right there and was able to pull it off quickly.

1 comment: