Saturday, October 10, 2009

Jamie had his Doctor's appointment this past Tuesday. Jamie, true to his nature, spit up all over me when we got to the exam room. The nurse freaked about the amount, then kinda laughed and said that it was probably the reason we were there. HELLO! Why could no one else see that? The Doctor came next. When I showed him Jamie's skin he was shocked it was so bad. I smiled and said that it was actually looking really good. He smiled back and gave me two prescriptions. Oil in the morning and ointment at night. So because he's so oily and lubricated now we keep him completely covered as much as possible so it'll soak in and keep off blankets and sheets. Four days later, he's looking amazing. The benadryl keeps him really calm and mellow most of the time, but he's hasn't scratched himself bloody since. His skin is at least 70% better. We go back next Wednesday and that Doctor is going to see a brand new baby.



As for his acid reflux, we have two prescriptions for that also. He hasn't spit up nearly so much. Usually just a couple small gushes within an hour of eating. If it didn't get any better than this I would be very happy. But still it's getting better everyday. He is doing awesome. I love this new Doctor! As I said before, we go back next Wednesday. I can't wait to thank him. Jamie is a whole new baby. He's happy and content as opposed to fussy and restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment